Community – Fellowship – Action – Service
Brotherhood is an opportunity for men who share similar interests to meet and build friendships through a variety of social and educational events, Temple and community service.
Our mission is to support our Temple Youth. Funds raised support the Brotherhood Youth College Scholarship Program, the TBS Purim Carnival, and equipment for the Religious School.
All men at TBS are welcome to participate. Please join us.
Brotherhood Speaker Series: “The Fight Against Hate”
Temple Beth Sholom Brotherhood Speaker Series Zoom Event presents Amy Spitalnik, Executive Director of Integrity First for America, the group that has filed lawsuits against the Nazi’s involved with the Charlottesville march in 2018.
Integrity First for America (IFA) is a nonpartisan nonprofit organization dedicated to holding those accountable who threaten longstanding principles of our democracy—including our country’s commitment to civil rights and equal justice.
Using the courts, and the court of public opinion, IFA seeks to protect the integrity of our democracy by fighting back against efforts to dismantle the norms that have kept America strong.
Once in a generation, there is a trial that fundamentally changes our nation. We’re taking on the leadership of the violent white nationalist movement – sending a clear message that violent hate has no place in our country.
With this lawsuit, Charlottesville is fighting back. The court has already rejected the defendants’ efforts to block this suit, which is officially headed to trial.
IFA’s suit — Sines v. Kessler — is the only current legal effort to take on the vast leadership of the violent white nationalist movement. It sends a message to every hate group in the country: Americans will not give in to violence and hate. We will defend the dignity and equality of all people. And we will ensure this never happens again.
Executive Director, Integrity First for America
Amy joins IFA with extensive experience in government, politics, and advocacy. She previously served as Communications Director and Senior Policy Advisor to the New York Attorney General; Communications Advisor and spokesperson for the New York City Mayor; and Communications Director in the New York State Senate. She has also worked on a variety of local, state, and federal campaigns and advocacy organizations. Amy frequently appears in national media and has been awarded a number of fellowships and honors, including being named a Women inPower Fellow at the 92nd Street Y, a Truman National Security Project Fellow, and a City & State 40 Under 40 Rising Star. Amy graduated from Tufts University.
Tuesday, June 15, 2021
Registration details to follow.
Co-sponsored by the Jewish Federation of Orange County.
Brotherhood Speaker Series
- Outstanding programs on a variety of provide timely topics of interest to a broad audience of Temple members and their guests.
- All programs start on Sunday at 10 am on Zoom.
- Come early for bagels, baked goods, and coffee when we are able to meet once again in person.
- Do you have a suggestion for a speaker topic? Contact Sylvan Swartz, VP Membership
TBS Brotherhood Reading Program
Brotherhood Poker Night
- 4th Wednesday of each month at 7:00 pm. When we are able to meet once again in person.
- Temple Social Hall
- RSVP to Lew Siegler
Men’s Night Out / Dinner and Theater / Family Events
- Look for Brotherhood announcements of these social activities.
- December 25th every year
- 9 am to 11 am in the TBS Social Hall
- Major Brotherhood event to provide funding for TBS Youth programs and activities
- We always need volunteers to make this major event a success.
- Contact Randy Sherman, Secretary to help out.
Brotherhood Board Meetings
- 2nd Sunday of the month / Time TBA
- Contact Arnold Shugarman, President if you wish to attend.
TBS Brotherhood Officers
President: Arnold Shugarman
VP Membership: Sylvan Swartz
Secretary: Randy Sherman
Treasurer: Edward Sirota
Past President: Lewis Siegler
Directors at Large: