2015 Congregational Retreat Information
Join us for a weekend away with your congregational family!
Registration is NOW CLOSED
Joyous Shabbat services, good food, sports, nature activities, music, art activities, adult learning opportunities, and family-friendly programs, as well as time to relax and enjoy each others company! Accommodations for the weekend will be available at Camp Hess Kramer in the picturesque setting of Malibu, California.
You can also participate in a day-only option, joining the group on Shabbat morning for services, meals, and activities.
- Celebrate Shabbat and Havdalah
- Dance and sing to your favorite camp songs
- Create a work of art for your family
- Hang at the beach or hike on the beautiful camp grounds
- Discover your connection to the Jewish people and Israel
- Challenge yourself on the rock climbing wall (subject to receiving underwriting)
- Spend Shabbat afternoon playing soccer, gaga, or basketball
For TBS Kindergarten-12th Graders
- Engage in kids only Shabbat programming
- Enjoy our kids only cabins and connect with your TBS friends and our most popularcounselors
- Roast smores around the campfire
- There will be special Teen programming for our 8th-12th graders
For TBS Adults
- Enjoy an adults-only wine and cheese reception
- Come together for arts, late night games, maj, poker, and fun!
- Wrestle with texts and our tradition as you learn together with TBSs senior staff
For Families with Toddlers and Young Children
- Sing and dance with us at a special Tot Shabbat experience
- Activities for young children will be available during select programs
Unable to come for the whole weekend…
Join us for a full day on Saturday for fun and learning Special day rate available includes all meals and programming
***Special GuestWendy Bocarsky!***
Wendy will be joining us on Saturday for some special adult learning opportunities.
Registration is NOW CLOSED
Retreat Accommodations and Fees
Get ready for a cozy experience in Camp Hess Kramer’s well-kept, updated cabins. CHK cabins have attached bathrooms, showers, heating, and bunk beds. Accommodations with the best value!
Family Cabins (min. 5 people per cabin): If you are family of 5+ this may be the perfect option for you. Or join with your best friends and share a cabin together!
2nd-12th Graders in Cabins: Staffed by one of our counselors, your child will get an overnight experience with parents close-by.
Looking for a no-frills experience? Private rooms with private bathroom, but you must bring your own bedding and towels. Basic rooms are located in the camp office / infirmary area. Limited number available.
These private rooms have linens on the beds, but your bathroom is shared with an adjoining room. Lodge rooms are adjacent to the main conference center.
In the middle of all the action! These private rooms are connected to the conference center’s beautiful lounge. All conference center rooms have a private bathroom. Linens, towels, and toiletries are provided.
Help Underwrite Our Retreat
Funds are tight this year and we need our community’s help in underwriting well loved components of our retreat. We hope you will join us! Sponsor the entire cost or
Program Materials —— $36
Evening Snacks —— $50
Saturday Evening Adult Libations —— $75
Counselor Accommodations —— $100
Sponsor a child —— $150
Congregational Art Project —— $250
Welcome Bags —— $250
Sponsor a family —— $600
Ropes Course/Climbing Wall —— $2,500 (or any portion of this!)
Other —— $??