In a year filled with challenges and changes, we have continued to support our community and celebrate our Jewish journey together.
As we prepare to welcome 2021, please consider your Jewish family at Temple Beth Sholom for your end-of-year giving. It’s not too late to make a tax-deductible contribution!
WAYS TO GIVE:
– IRA Distribution: If you have an IRA, you can make gifts directly from your IRA without paying federal income tax on the withdrawal. This option provides tax savings to donors even if you do not itemize deductions.
– Stock or Mutual Funds. Please notify TBS of any pending transfer.
– Monthly Recurring Pledge
– One-Time End-of-the-Year Donation
– Employer matching gift opportunities
– Provide a L’Dor V’Dor Society gift that supports TBS’s legacy for years to come
– Special CARES Act provisions for cash donations, up to $300
– Avoid capital gains tax
– Receive tax savings even if you do not itemize deductions
– Receive charitable tax deduction for the fair market value of the asset after
owning it for more than a year
– Choose specific programs/services at TBS that you feel passionately about (i.e. –
Adult Education, Security, Religious School and Youth Education, Weekly Torah
Study, etc.) or contribute to TBS’s overall programming
As we move towards 2021, there are many ways to benefit the programs at Temple Beth Sholom including our vibrant Adult Education classes, our weekly Torah Study, and our Religious School and youth education programs, which foster the next generation of the Jewish community and Temple Beth Sholom’s continued legacy. From our worship programs to virtual gatherings and someday, in-person activities, TBS remains committed to being a Jewish center for life, learning and connections.
Gifts, including the IRA required minimum distribution along with stock or mutual funds, can be made directly to TBS for general purpose programs funding or for specific areas that you feel passionate about such as scholarship opportunities, Music Fund, Adult Education, and more.
Or, consider the gift that costs you nothing during your lifetime and that return significant benefits back to you, even beyond a tax deduction. To discuss a legacy gift or learn more about our L’Dor V’Dor Society, please contact Michele Shugarman or Ruth Irving.
All gifts must be received by noon on December 30, 2020. Checks that are mailed must be postmarked by December 31 to receive credit for 2020 giving. We encourage any contributions to be in the form of checks or by ACH. Any stock transfers should be processed no later than Monday, December 21, 2020. All IRA distributions should be received by Monday, December 28, 2020.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Ruth Irving.
All gifts, no matter the size, support TBS and the work that we do.
Comments are closed.