Dear TBS Community,
It has been almost 3 months since my last update about what is happening at TBS due to the COVID-19 virus. In that time, we had started creating opportunities for our community to find their moments on campus and feel like home again. Unfortunately, with Orange County’s recent increase in confirmed cases, we have slid back to the Purple Tier (“Widespread”) ( https://covid19.ca.gov/safer-
With the spirit of Thanksgiving on our heels and Hannukah coming up, I am thankful for the various areas of TBS that are still able to proceed, such as:
· Hannukah Candles – Usually we light our Hannukah candles as a community each night in the middle of the Orange Circle. This year, for safety, we will be lighting the candles each night at TBS. Please be sure to bring your mask and come celebrate together as we light up the night! Click here to see all our Hanukkah offerings.
· Early Childhood Center (ECC) – Our ECC continues to be open and available. Fortunately, our change in tier has no effect on the ECC and we will continue operating under the required licensing guidelines. Please contact our ECC Director, Tamara Levin with any questions regarding the school year.
· Religious School – Religious School continues to be held over Zoom. Our Director of Youth Education, Johannah Sohn, has done a great job working with her staff, keeping our kids engaged and excited, and creating great Jewish learning.
· Shabbat Evening Services – Our Shabbat Evening services continue to be live-streamed on our website and through Facebook. We have upgraded the streaming camera, so services can now be viewed in High Definition. We also have Rabbi Emeritus, Shelton Donnell, spiritually leading us once a month.
· Shabbat Parades – Our final Shabbat Parade is this Friday, December 4th. It has been great to see everyone who drives through each week. For more information and to register, click here .
· Temple Office – At this time, for the safety of our members and staff, we will continue to be open by appointment only. Please contact the office by email or leave a voicemail if you need assistance.
These programs, along with many other virtual events, will continue to be offered to our TBS community. Please see the weekly Shavu’on email for additional and upcoming events.
As always, please be assured that we are trying to keep TBS safe and secure. The preservation of a life is of utmost value in Judaism, and we value each one of our members. If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach out directly to me or Ruth Irving. I will continue to update you as we create additional plans and as the health crisis evolves.
Mike Winston Executive VP
Comments are closed.