TBS Mitzvah Day is coming Sunday, March 26! Here’s how to participate:
- See the Off-Site Events Tab to register for these volunteer opportunities
- On-site events require no pre-registration
- Click on the Mitzvah Day T-shirt order Tab to order you shirt and be fashionable with the rest of your TBS friends
- See our TBS Mitzvah Day Wishlist Tab to learn what items you can donate to make Mitzvah day a success!
Mitzvah Day Timeline – Sunday
8:00 a.m. – American Red Cross Blood Drive opens – TBS parking lot
8:30 a.m. – Cafe Tzedakah opens – fuel up for breakfast and snacks – all proceeds benefit MD organizations – Living Room
9:00 a.m. – Check – In and T-shirt pick up – Living Room
9:15 a.m. – Volunteer Pep Rally and MD Kick -Off with Rabbi Cohen and Cantor Reinwald- Sanctuary
9:30 – 12:00 p.m.* – Mitzvah Day Activities
2:00 p.m. – Amercian Red Cross Blood Drive closes
*TBS Religious School day – 9:30-12:00 required for all students
Mitzvah Day Event Sign Up / T-Shirt ordering Information
[gravityform id=”182″ title=”true” description=”false” tabindex=”1000″]
Mitzvah Day On-Site events
- Mitzvah Meals – Click here to sign up on Mitzvah Meals site
- Mandel House – cooking and baking for residents at Mandel House, Location: MPR – Sponsored by 3rd and 4th grade classrooms
- Mary’s Kitchen/Southwest Community Center – make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and decorating lunch bags for residents at Mary’s Kitchen and Southwest Community Center, Sponsored by Sisterhood, Location: MPR patio
- Knots of Love – new and experienced knotters will crochet caps and neonatal baby blankets – contact Sharon Tanner @ firstname.lastname@example.org for material list – Location: TBS Library
- Orange County Animal Care Center – make peanut butter dog treats and animal chew toys. Sponsored by 1st Grade – Location: Treats -MPR patio Toys – Social Hall
- Thank Israeli Soldiers – write letters to service men and women in Israeli army, Sponsored by 5th grade – Location: Social Hall
- Bubbe Zayde’s Place and Heritage Pointe – color and assembly bookmarks, Sponsored by Kindergarten – Location: MPR
- Laura’s House, Bubbe and Zayde’s Place, Heritage Point – beaded eye glass holders, Sponsored by TBS Congregation – Location: MPR
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand – prepare and sell lemonade to benefit childhood cancer patients, Sponosor: 2nd grade, Location: Living Room patio
- Reading for Angels Book Drive: collect and label books for children’s hospitals, Sponsored by TBS Brotherhood and Congregation – Location: Social Hall
- Heifer International – Recycle CRV aluminum cans and plastic bottles, newspapers ok, NO GLASS, Sponsored by Shay and Amy Friedman and OCTY, Location: TBS Parking lot
- Laura’s House – cleaning supply drive for battered and abused women and children, Sponsored by 6th grade
Order your Mitzvah T-shirt today! Deadline is March 12th, cost is $10 each and are pre-sale only!
[gravityform id=”181″ title=”true” description=”false”]
Please consider donating one or more items to help make Mitzvah Day a success. Items can be dropped off at the TBS front office.
TBS Wish List
- Michael’s gift cards $10
- Amazon gift cards $10
- Peanut Butter
- New Books – (*Preschool – High School)
- Used, clean sheets and t-shirts
- CRV ONLY -aluminum cans, plastic bottles, newspapers ok (*NO GLASS)
- Grocery store gift cards $25
Unfortunately I will be in the hospital and can’t volunteer . Otherwise I would . Surgery two days prior . Sorry .
Sorry to hear you need surgery. I hope you heal quickly .
I look forward to crocheting for Knots of Love on Mitzvah Day… and invite anyone whose ever said “I’d like to learn to do that someday” to come and join us. That would be a double mitzvah… learning all the different ways you could support K.O.L., plus learning something new for yourself!
I will be knitting at Mitzvah
Olga, Its not necessary to RSVP for the on-site events, but thanks for letting us know. We’ll see you there!
Looking forward to making beaded eyeglass holders that day!
Thank you, Elyse! I appreciate you taking on this fun, important project! Ordering supplies this week!
Praying for a quick recovery.
Thank you to everyone who has signed up to participate in Mitzvah Day. We are still in need of many items needed to help Mitzvah Day a success. Please see the items listed under the “TBS Wish List” to help support this wonderful day. Donated items can be left at the front office. THANK YOU!!!